Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Bold Red Lip

Doing a make up review of Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipsticks in Love That Red and Certainly Red. Oh by the way, Revlon is on a Holiday Sale and lipsticks cost Php350 each (Php450 regular price)!

I like a "Bold Red Lip". It's one of the make up looks I use, along with "Naked", "Nude" or a "Smokey" theme. Anything more than that just doesn't fit my lifestyle. Some people find red lips sexy and powerful but for me, it's elegant and a classic, especially paired with a white crisp shirt.

I find Revlon and M.A.C. to make the best bold red lipsticks. M.A.C. has too many shades of red which can get confusing but I find Revlon's to be simpler, that's why I prefer the latter. It's tricky to find the perfect shade of red but it's only through trial & error that you will be able to find the right one which will brighten your complexion and make your teeth look whiter. I find these two shades of Revlon to be the best red lipsticks I've ever tried.

Certainly Red #740 (left) & Love That Red #725 (right)
 Issues with packaging - I find the tube cap loose. I may need to use a lipstick case to prevent any unwanted smearing in my bag in case the cap pops out. Otherwise, everything is fine.

Love That Red (top) & Certainly Red (bottom) under sunlight.


Love That Red (top) - a true red color with just a hint of pink. best for day and summer.

Certainly Red (top) - another true red color, deeper compared to Love That Red. Best for night and during the colder season.


Here are some photos I got from the web, for inspiration, featuring the two lipstick shades...

girl in Revlon's Love That Red (http://www.glitterandgrace.com)

girl in Revlon's Certainly Red (http://fashionista-next-door.com)



4 comments:

  1. i love red lipsticks ! it looks really good ;)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you vicky! it's not a common street style make up look here so red lips can be a bit intimidating to pull off as it really grabs everyone's attention. i checked your blog too, your DIY lipstick holder was really cool!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the lipsticks (and the several photos), especially the love that red shade...I have been using it for years, and I love it too! Nice to spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thank you for dropping by and leaving a nice comment :) I love "love that red" too and Fire & Ice is another great lippie from revlon!

    ReplyDelete